Learn how The FISH! Philosophy helped to engage, involve and encourage call center employees to be more wholehearted in their work and personally identify with their jobs at Verizon.
Verizon Customer Service Call Center
Verizon Wireless is the nation’s second largest wireless phone provider. Their Southfield, Michigan customer service call center employs 273 customer service representatives who field an average of 5,800 calls a day.
The telecommunications industry has its own modern day version of a meat grinder called the customer service call center. Upset and angry customers call with various billing and service problems, sometimes screaming at the customer service rep unlucky enough to answer the phone. Verizon experienced ongoing problems with extensive call center employee attrition, turnover, morale and frustration. Often the results weren’t pretty: customers were frequently lost, along with significant revenue and good employees.
- Create a fun, pleasant, exciting work environment to effectively serve customers while building in accountability.
- Reduce employee attrition and turnover by successfully attracting and retaining the best.
- Become more aware, intuitive and flexible when dealing with customer concerns.
- Help employees become more alive and engaged in their work as they live into The FISH! Philosophy practices.
Tangible reminders of The FISH! Philosophy are now visible throughout the call center area, and a variety of new employee success initiatives have been created.
“I’ve worked for a call center that made us read scripted responses. You feel like you are a computer, as if you are trapped. Here I am allowed to explore all possible options for the customer.”
– Donna Pierce-Chambers, Verizon Customer Service Coordinator
Start improving your organization today:
Ready to experience your own FISH! success?
Speak to an expert FISH! consultant at 800.695.4534 or fill out this simple form and we’ll connect with you!