Learn how Blue Care used The FISH! Philosophy to deliver highly personalized care that improves the quality of life of its clients and staff.
Blue Care—named for the blue uniforms its first nurses wore—was founded in 1953 to deliver home care to seniors, people with disabilities and others in need throughout Queensland, Australia, an area 2.5 times the size of Texas. Today Blue Care is one of Australia’s leading not-for-profit providers of community care, senior residential care and retirement living.
Blue Care created an innovative care model that tailors its services to the unique needs of each individual. Because this approach requires high levels of understanding, engagement and flexibility, Blue Care turned to The FISH! Philosophy as a guide to how to treat clients, families and colleagues.
- Deliver Tailor Made care that focuses on the patient’s quality of life and maximum independence.
- Meet clients’ psychological and emotional needs, not just physical.
- Engage and empower staff, building a sense of personal commitment to the Tailor Made approach.
- Increase collaboration and innovation
“Fish! teaches us that the power is in our hands; that by choosing a positive attitude, having fun, and being truly attentive to our customers, we can not only radically change the way we view our jobs, we can vastly improve customer service.”
– Robyn Batten, Executive Director, and Cathy Thomas, Director Services South East
Start improving your organization today:
Ready to experience your own FISH! success?
Speak to an expert FISH! consultant at 800.695.4534 or fill out this simple form and we’ll connect with you!